How to Remove Acne & Pimples Fast
by MedPlus Team, March 11, 2021
Pimples can make you lose confidence and feel unattractive. We may just want to get up the next morning with no pimples and get through the day with confidence. A lot of us would have wondered… ‘how to get rid of pimples fast overnight’. Now, this article speaks of few simple ways of how to get rid of acne fast at home.
Before getting to treatment and removal of acne and pimples, first, let us see “what are pimples?”. Pimples are a type of acne that results from blocked pores, which may be due to excess production of oil (sebum), dead skin cells, or bacteria, getting trapped in the pores of the skin. Acne, on the other hand, is a long-term condition of skin involving oil glands at the base of a hair follicle that can cause many non-inflammatory and inflammatory skin lesions, such as pimples, whiteheads, cysts, blackheads, or pustules. Blackheads are the next closest thing relevant to us for this article.
So what are dark spots?
Dark spots which can be pink or brown in color otherwise known as hyperpigmentation result from skin damage after the inflammation subsides. Excessive sun exposure or popping pimples lead to increased production of melanin during the healing process, resulting in dark spots. These scars can look unpleasant and can be a cause for distress to individuals with severe acne. Hence popping acne is always a bad idea. Next, let us see what causes pimples?
Triggers that cause pimples
There are many triggers that can cause pimples or acne-like the onset of puberty, stress, lack of sleep or sleep irregularities, hormonal changes, inadequate water intake, genetic makeup, steroids, dandruff, humidity and excessive sweating, pollution, toxins, ultraviolet rays, smoking and alcohol consumption, excessive consumption of sugary foods or dairy products. These triggers can cause mild to severe acne in individuals. Moving on:
Natural ways to get rid of pimples or acne
1. Lemon has antimicrobial properties and is a natural bleaching agent. Though it is a great cleanser, it is also important to note that lemon may also make your skin dry and flaky depending on the skin type. Hence, use lemon with caution and in a limited fashion.
Dab on the pimple and leave for some time. Start with a minute or so, while applying the first time, and then continue to increase the duration as you use it again. This is because it is important to test your skin’s readiness for lemon. Well, not just lemon, this holds good for any product you try – always ensure you do a patch test before you go on to use the product on your entire face.
DID YOU KNOW? Aspirin could help you treat pimples! Click here!
2. Argan Oil has anti-proliferative and anti-bacterial properties. Organic argan oil can be applied to your face as night-time or daytime care. Just rub just a few drops into your skin by making circular motions with your fingers; then carry on with your regular day/night skincare routine.
3. Clay masks are used usually to absorb excess oil from the skin. Masks with jojoba oil, fuller’s earth clay are great for using once a month.
4. Vitamin E oil has wonderful regenerative power. Combine pure vitamin E oil with a lightweight carrier oil, such as jojoba, and then apply directly to your blemishes. Vitamin E also comes in form of capsules which can be consumed once per night and is extremely rare to note any side effects. It not only helps in improving skin health but is also great for hair health.
You can buy the highly trusted and easily available Evion tablets (vitamin E capsules) here
5. Tea tree oil is known well for its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Dilute 2 drops of tea tree oil with a few drops of carrier oil such as coconut oil and dab gently it on the pimple. Wash off the tea tree oil with warm water after a few hours.
6. Apple cider vinegar (ACV) with Honey (1part ACV with 2 parts honey) This combination has excellent antibacterial properties. A dab of honey along with apple cider vinegar can do wonders for pimple-ridden skin. Dab the mixture on the affected area through the night and wash it off the next morning.
7. Green tea has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Brew a bag of this tea and after a few minutes, remove from heat and let it cool. Use as an overnight remedy by dotting brewed green tea over the pimple before sleeping. Green tea can reduce the secretion of excess oil production. Furthermore, upon consumption, green tea also works great on hair health and skin health. One cup of green tea everyday fixes your hair, skin and when clubbed with exercise, also helps weight loss!
Get your pack of this super magical must-have, here
8. Mint/Pudina leaves have salicylic acid in them. These leaves have anti-inflammatory, astringent, and antioxidant properties which can settle a pimple. Make a paste of mint leaves in water or rosewater along with some lemon juice. Dab on the pimple and leave to dry.
9. Turmeric has great anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antioxidant properties. Mix with water or rose water and dab on pimples. This mixture can reduce redness and infection.
10.Aloe Vera has excellent anti-acne properties. Aloe vera soothes and promotes repair. Dab fresh aloe vera gel, leave it overnight, and help settle a pimple.
Here are a few more ways and tips to get rid of pimples:
While a cure is one thing, prevention is even better. Why even allow pimples to pop up in the first place? Isn’t it better to avoid pimples altogether? A great skin without pimples and acne is no overnight magic! It takes effort, time, and dedication. A stress-free lifestyle with healthy food and sufficient rest is a must to get started. Let us see in detail:
Eat Healthy Foods:
Add fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet to make it balanced and healthy. If you are wondering what foods will help you with your skin, here is your simple guide.
Maintain Good Skin Hygiene:
Cleanse your face twice every day with mild soap or face wash and lukewarm water to remove excess dirt, sweat, make-up, and oil.
Do Not Rub Face Harshly:
Always moisturize the skin with moisturizer after washing
Do Not Touch Face Repeatedly:
It is best not to touch your face as this creates a chance of an infection. Also, wash hair regularly and keep it away from the face.
Avoid Using Heavy Makeup:
It is best to avoid using layers of heavy make-up as this tends to clog pores. It is a good idea to use good oil-free sunscreen to prevent hyper-pigmentation.
Do Not Squeeze Pimples:
As noted at the beginning of the article, pimples should not be meddled with in order to prevent infection and scarring.
Drink lots of water in order to stay hydrated and get clear skin.
Relax by doing meditation, yoga, or a walk around the block.
So we really hope these 10 ways to get rid of pimples by following some natural home remedies will help you. Do share the article with your friends and family and share the goodness of great skin around!